Thursday, October 04, 2012

So Many Reasons

In the middle of our text conversation, boyfriend asked me why I loved him and I said I couldn't answer that, but then he insisted so I took the risk of being cheesy and this was what I got to compose...


"I love you because you make me happy. I love you because you're there for me even at the most inconvenient times. I love you because you always make me feel loved. I love you because you shower me with hugs and kisses. I love you because just the thought of you makes me smile. I love you because you don't give up on me. I love you because you don't give up on us. I love you because you're funny. I love you because you understand. I love you because you give me your time and effort. I love you because you dream big. I love you because you believe in God. I love you because you're smart. I love you because you make me feel good about myself. I love you because we don't have to pretend. I love you because of so many things. I love you because of you. :)"


Reasoning your love out to your partner is a common thing in a relationship. This is the first time I've done this in our six months of being together. I know I could have done better than that and could have said more than that because I honestly still can think of so much more reasons, but I meant that and that made him happy so I guess that's all that matters. Some might probably say that putting a "because" on your "I love yous" is overrated. Some might also say that justifying your love would make it unreal because if you really love someone, you wouldn't find the words why. But I think it can be healthy sometimes to think over why you're really in love with the person. It's also one way to express how you appreciate the person and who they are and what they do and what they do for you and how they make you better. The important thing really is you mean what you say. That's basically it.


Is it just me or "I Love You" really looks awkward when their first letters are capitalized?

No comments: